Thursday 28 September 2017

28 Years Today (30/8/2017) by Kathy

Kathy wished to share a poem that she wrote  after their son Anthony was still born many years ago. He was their first born.


28 years ago today

I was getting ready to say "gidday"

And welcome you to our family

Our first born child named Anthony

But your life was cut so short

And now I sit here deep in thought

What would you have grown up to be

A butcher a baker or joined the Army

But the answer I will never know

Because it was your time to go

The tears I cry for you today

Will never ever go away

From the time I rise to the time I sleep Your photo I will always keep Safe in a locket dad gave to me My darling son Anthony



 Kathryn©





If you require support after reading this blog, please contact Sands on 13000 72637








1 comment:

  1. Having lost my third child 36 years ago your poem expresses mamuch of what I experienced. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete