Thursday 12 April 2018

'Ask Me Again' by Samantha

This poem was written by myself and aims to provide some insight around the emotional fragility of grieving and bereaved parents which often results in them feeling socially isolated. 

The poem was written in mid 2015 following the stillbirth of our second son Hudson James Rowe.





“Ask me again”

Did I miss our lunch date today? Please ask me again,
Did I forget to call you back today? Please call me again,
Did I decline your invitation today? Please ask me again,

It's not because I don't care,

Or because I don't want to be there,

Amidst my world that is now awash with such sadness & grief, 

I'm trying to make sense of it all, but I'm confused beyond belief,

So I need to take some time out for my heart and soul to heal, 

And to do this sometimes my life is completely reliant on emotions and how I feel,

My dear friend what this means that I'm asking of you today, 

Is to remember that I'm currently heartbroken and feeling pain that won't go away,

So if I happen to decline your invitation, 

Please promise me that you will ask me again.


         © Samantha     


If you require support after reading this blog, please contact Sands on 13000 72637


Samantha Rowe



My name is Samantha. I am a Bereaved Mother located in Melbourne.

My partner and I have had an incredibly tough baby journey to date. We have lost 8 consecutive pregnancies/babies and are yet to have a living child.

Cooper was stillborn on 14.02.14

Hudson was stillborn on 23.01.15

Emma & Zoe (identical momo twins) tangled their cords and passed away on 30.08.15

I’ve also had subsequent miscarriages on 16.09.16, 31.12.16, 13.10.17 & 16.11.17.

We are commencing ivf shortly to see if that can help us achieve our dreams of becoming parents to a living child.

I run a social enterprise called Memories of an Angel which raises awareness for Pregnancy & Infant Loss. We sell Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness ribbons, pins and a collection of other Pink & Blue items. I am extremely passionate about raising awareness for Pregnancy & Infant Loss and very proud to be pioneering the cause and bringing these special keepsakes to bereaved individuals and families across Australia.

Memories of an Angel also coordinates a variety of events for special days such as International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day, International Bereaved Mother’s Day, International Bereaved Father’s Day etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment